Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Dreams...


This morning i had another of those very real dreams-- the ones that come just prior to waking that seem so realistic that it's hard to deal with after you wake. Sometimes they are silly things: I dream I am late for a test in a class I've never attended, or that I am trying to remodel this big house, and keep finding new rooms. I seem to be having lots of these lately. I had to e-mail a cousin after I dreamed of a death in her family. I had to work very hard not to be mad at Dave after I dreamed he had rejected me. And this morning I dreamed about cancer again. Not mine this time, but Dave's. I'm sure Freud or Jung would have a field day with my dreams, but I don't want to get too carried away by them.

I wonder how God built my subconscious mind, anyway. I have not been worried about cancer. But we have been talking about it more lately. And I wonder if Satan sees the opportunity to sneak up on me and instill fear where strong emotion exists. So, I need to be on guard and fight him at every turn. He will not steal my joy.

So, I climb out into the sunlight of the day, from the dark place of this terrible dream into the happy blessings of reality. I read God's word, and remind myself what is true. And I wonder briefly if Satan is demanding me before the throne today. May God give me, and you, Gentle Reader, the grace to prove faithful in such silly trials.

No comments: