Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Miscellany


I had a lovely talk yesterday with a young homeschooling mom who is pursuing a classical Christian education for her family. How delightful! It has made me think it would be beneficial to write thoughts/inspiration/reflections about my homeschooling journey here from time to time. If any of you who read this blog are aspiring homeschoolers or classical educators, what topics would you find interesting or helpful? Leave a comment or drop me an e-mail.

In the meantime, remember that you can always search the "labels" in the sidebar at the right under Classical Education or Homeschooling and find what I have already posted.

And now for some things completely different...

  • There is a fun post here on "Seven Deadly Words for Book Reviews", and I'm afraidf I'm guilty of most, if not all of them! If you don't believe me, just read some of my "Books" posts, and you will see the proof...
  • I was privileged this week to listen to a series of interviews between C. J. Mahaney and Sinclair Ferguson found here. They men discuss legalism, the cross of Christ, and golfing, among other things. I found the discussion to be challenging and uplifting (I listened while quilting, and so made double-good use of my time!)
  • I was reminded by a post at The Blazing Center about a wonderful little work by C. H. Spurgeon on prayer (you can find it online here.) My pastor gave it to me many years ago, when we were dealing with some literal life-and-death issues, and it really changed the way I pray. If you've not read it, take a few minutes and do so!
  • And this post at Between Two Worlds, with the accompanying music video, made me laugh, but it may just be my sick sense of humor. The author refers to the inane words to a Point of Grace song that they have been playing lately on the local Christian radio station, and I have wondered myself what they thought they were writing... so if you feel like a little jaunt into the spiritual mumbo-jumbo department, head over to the post entitled "Why Should Conservative Evangelicals Have All The Bad Music?"

No comments: