Monday, November 03, 2008

Weary


I think three surgeries and six and a half weeks of radiation in the last 6 months has taken a toll on my body. I feel so weary, and am having a tougher time bouncing back than I thought I would have. I am really battling discouragement this week (and yes, it's only Monday!) I'm just tired of feeling terrible, tired of having no energy, tired of shirking my responsibilities, tired of imposing on my friends to pick up the slack I leave.

God is doing his part to encourage me in every way: by His Word and through His son, through His body, the church, through my family and friends. Now the question is, what will I do with that encouragement? If truth be told, I'd like to ignore it and go to bed for a few weeks, not answer my phone or go anywhere. But somehow, I think that would be cuddling my sin. I *do* need to rest, but I also need to preach the truth to myself. And the truth is, so I'm tired. So what? No biggie. i won't be tired and achy forever. This will pass, and if I pull the covers over my head for a few weeks I will miss God's many blessings. So I trudge on. And I appreciate your prayers. I know the Lord will carry me.

No comments: