Thursday, March 26, 2009

Miscellany



Well, I haven't been keeping up on internet reading lately, since I've been visiting with family, but I do have a few items of interest to share.

I haven't posted anything on global warming (or not) lately, so how about this article about physicist Freeman Dyson, who is anything but a conservative, but has real doubts about the prevailing ideas.

And how about a few items having to do with offspring? I enjoyed this short audio interview by Paul Butler with author Paul Vaughn regarding imparting vision to our sons. And if you homeschool and want a your apple cart upset a bit, head over to my friend Cindy's blog, and prepare to be challenged. And laying aside yet another popular scientific mistake, Al Mohler has an excellent short article on the real population threat: not overpopulation, but declining birth rates. And finally in this category, have you seen the live webcam of the eagles' nest in Oklahoma? You can access it here, and watch as mama and daddy care for one fledgling and two remaining eggs, up close and personal.

And lastly, too busy to pray? Not Catholic, and therefor not able to seek indulgences? How about computerized prayer? For as little as $4.95 a month, you can have a computer generate a specific prayer for you at least three times a day. Oh brother...

1 comment:

Mrs. Edwards said...

Very cool eagle's nest! It is neat to know it is real-time.

The post from Cindy makes me feel like saying, "Amen!" and "Yeah, but" all at once. The fact that I feel a little defensive is probably a bad sign! We're not making fine china at the Edwards Academy--more like everyday pottery, but my enthusiasm for education and knowledge might give the wrong impression. I think some vendors especially cultivate the attitudes Cindy has in mind (I'll refrain from naming names).

Thanks for the link.

I couldn't even bear to click on the computerized prayer link. What have we come to?

I'm looking forward to the Dyson article. Can you believe the latest about California trying to ban black cars?