Thursday, January 24, 2008

Quilting

I love quilting. I love fabric. I love color and design. I am not very good at it, but I am slowly improving over time. It is a relaxing, creative outlet for me! After twenty-some years of quilting a variety of things and giving them away, I am finally going to try to start recording my creations.

Here are two of my most recent projects: first, a queen size quilt entitled "Florentine Famulus" which was made for Ben and Elsa's wedding:

And here is my most recent, just completed last night. It is entitled "Bobby on a Fence", and was made for my DDILTB, Nikki. She'll be celebrating her birthday in just a few weeks, and this will be going with her tomorrow to Canada.

If you would like to see some more of my projects (at least the ones that are still around here) you can look in my Quilt Gallery. I love to plan and piece, and am slowing with the sandwiching and piecing, so I have a lot of UFO's (UnFinished Objects). Maybe this will help motivate me to finish some!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Chris,

Thanks for sharing your pictures and your love of quilting. You did a beautiful job. Do you hand or machine quilt? There is a wonderful quilt exhibit here during the spring and summer at the art museum. My plans are for my youngest and I to make a small quilt during this time as well.

Kathy said...

Oh, Chris! Those are absolutely beautiful. I have made one quilt in my life--it turned out nicely, but I'd really like to do more. You have inspired me.