Thursday, October 30, 2008

Miscellany


I don't know about you, Gentle Readers, but I am more than ready for this upcoming election, if only to stop having to listen to the campaign commercials. I have already done early voting, and i have been pretty quiet lately about politics. But this morning I read some excellent articles that reinforced why I did bot vote for Barak Obama. If you still have an open mind on this subject, or are trying to decide what to do with your vote, you might consider this excellent article about Obama as a postmodernist,or if you'd rather take a look at his failed economic policies, try this fascinating article from City Journal. Of course, his stand on abortion drives me away. There is a thoughtful post here, along with a video from the Sentor's own mouth. And if you are wondering why you mostly hear positive things about this candidate, you may wish to take a look at these articles, one by an ABC news man, and the other by author Orson Scott Card, also a journalist.

I read something interesting on the financial crisis this morning by Thomas Sowell here. But then, I am a Thomas Sowell fan. You might enjoy the video interviews with him from Hoover Institution, found here. These are a series of short (5-8 minutes) interviews based on Sowell's classic book, A Conflict of Visions. This book has been sitting on my shelf for years waiting for me, and I've just got to get around to it.

1 comment:

Quotidian Life said...

Thanks for posting these articles Chris~I had an unexpected 'light' day so enjoyed reading some of them. Not sure if 'enjoyed' is the right word--"we are the ones we have been waiting for". Sheesh! I really enjoyed the one by Michael Malone (I think that was his name) about the biased press. Truly! Well, I've voted already but I had a friend tell me that in the last presidential election they didn't count the absentee ballots until a full three months after the election. Again, sheesh!