Wednesday, May 07, 2008

God's better plan

I have prayed and prayed that the Lord would allow my lymph nodes to be clear of cancer. And while we don't have a confirmed diagnosis on the nodes in my chest and abdomen and pelvis, they are active with something bad. While this came as a blow, I knew it was God's answer to my prayers. I have such a strong sense that God is calling me to know Him better, walk with Him farther than I think I can, gain more intimacy with and trust in Him. While His answer to my prayers is difficult, and not what I wanted and hoped for, I know it is good, and it is better for me than my own plans. My own plans would trust God a safe distance, just to the very end of my finger tips. But He won't settle for that. It's all of me, without reserve, no grasping fingers struggling for control, that He insists on. So, here I am for our next great adventure, Lord. Be sufficient for me.

Here is my song for the day:

Glorious by Mark Altrogge

Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings
Yet not welcome any pain
Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt


Oh let Your will be done in me
In Your love I will abide
Oh I long for nothing else as long
As You are glorified


Are You good only when I prosper
And true only when I’m filled
Are You King only when I’m carefree
And God only when I’m well
You are good when I’m poor and needy
You are true when I’m parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You’re still God in the darkest night


© 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

No comments: