Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thinking about Islam


I tend to agree with those who see a clash of cultures as inevitable in our world. The recent rioting in Ft. Lauderdale has been a near-to-home example of the forces at work. I have found several interesting and helpful sites lately for understanding Islam better, and preparing as Christians to confront this challenge in a loving and gracious but bold way.

*Here is an interesting lecture by Dr. Michael Haykin. (Thanks to JT)
*Here is documentary entitled, "Islam: What the West Needs to Know", which came my way via a young man who works with Summit Ministries.
*Here is an interesting article by Gene Veith over at the Tabletalk blog.

1 comment:

Mrs. Edwards said...

I haven't listened to the lecture or watched the documentary yet, but I read the Gene Veith post. Thank you for providing link. It was a very thought provoking article. During the election, because I was watching and reading more news, I was noticing that now Western Civilization is being attacked intellectually rather than militarily, and is losing because its keepers have abandoned the concept of truth. Unable to offer any reason for defending Western ideas over any others, the intellectuals have no weapons in the arsenal.