Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Miscellany


The start of a new week is upon us: and spring gardening is calling! The apple and pear trees are in full bloom, and my tomatoes are protected by their walls-of-water out in the vegetable garden. I love this time of year! And here are a few things that have been in the back corners of my mind...

Cool journal: Themelios Journal is available online, and I am looking forward to reading it! I am currently reading a book of essays by one of the editors, Carl Trueman, and enjoying it. (Thanks JT)

Touching Photojournalism: This photo essay shows a lot about living with cancer: both its beauty and its terror. (Thanks DW)

Absurd political moments: I could fill pages with these, but how about this take on the Durban II conference, or these excellent comments by DT? It appears most of the videos of the outrageous reporting about the April 15th TEA parties is off-line, so I'll spare you those, Gentle Readers...

Interesting religious items: I appreciated these comments following all the reports of the death of Christianity in America, and enjoyed this article about the return of religious themes to Science Fiction. And while we're talking about Messianic imagery, how about a little something from Carl Trueman on the cult of personality?

No comments: