Saturday, March 01, 2008

A lazy, lovely Saturday morning

Today has been one of those rare, lovely, delicious Saturdays without a million things to do and places to go. After sleeping in (until after 7:00 A. M., which meant more snuggle time with dh!) we cooked a lovely breakfast of Finnish pancakes topped with cherries. I baked some muffins for church tomorrow, and proceeded to sit at my dining room table and quilt. The brightness and warmth of the sun coming through the sun room, the wonderful colors of the geraniums, and the beautiful sounds of music on the CD player (Nathan Clark George and Bebo Norman) all conspired to cheer me from my mid-winter doldrums, and caused me to praise God from whom, truly, all blessings flow!

And now I am heading out into the 60+-degree sunshine for a walk with dh. Can anyone argue that the weather in NM is the best? And that our God is good. I hope you are all having a sweet Saturday...

3 comments:

Emily Suess said...

Wow. 7:00 a.m. is sleeping in? :) That makes me feel like such a slacker.

Anyway, I was just surfing with the "next blog" button and stumbled across your site. Thought I'd say hello.

MagistraCarminum said...

The terrible thing is, after all the years of your children waking you early, once they leave, you can't sleep in any more! :-(

Thanks for stopping by!

Kathy said...

I can sleep in (though I don't often get the chance). Once in a while I sleep in till 8:30 or so. Lovely! Your sunroom is gorgeous.