Friday, March 21, 2008

Precious in his sight...


This morning a dear friend was called home into the presence of her Savior. She was called to lay down her suffering and put on glory; to leave behind her children and husband, and be ushered into the presence of Christ. A mutual friend, Lynne, has posted exactly what I thought I would post here, and she has done so beautifully, so there is no need for me to post it again.

I grieve for my friend Beth, for the sweet and encouraging notes I will never again receive from her, for her daughters who will finish high school and get married and have children without her, for her husband who has loved her and been her companion through many trials and joys-- but I do not grieve as one who has no hope.

Precious in the sight of the LORD
is the death of his saints.
~Psalm 116:15


Farewell, dear friend, until we meet in glory.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I appreciate your eloquence, Chris. Words failed me this morning, so all I could do was quote. You expressed what I couldn't. Thank you.

Hugs, back,
Lynne