Thursday, September 18, 2008

Miscellany


In the midst of exhaustion from treatment and the wedding planning and trip, I have been storing up tasty morsels to share with you, gentle readers, but which threaten to be of little or no relevance if I continue to store them instead of get them shared. So, here are a few things I have found interesting or informative, or humorous. Hope you do, too.

* I rarely post anything about finances and taxes and the like, but have run across a few interesting items in this arena. Tim Bayly has an interesting take on tax policy and how it affects families here. And I am such an economics novice that the whole current financial "crisis" is a confused blur to me. But I have found interesting perspective on it here and here (with special thanks to D.T.)

* I have to admit, I am becoming a Sarah Palin fan. I've read a few interesting pieces on her here and here, one from a Canadian, and one from a homeschooling mom in Alaska. For a nice little piece of election satire, try this. And if you haven't seen this NY Times graphic on the words used at the political conventions, you should.

* And just for some fun, how about this delightful satire from The Onion, or the latest on global non-warming.

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

Thanks for mentioning the post--

Looking at your Winter Reading List on the sidebar is impressive--you've got your reading cut out for you this winter!