Monday, September 22, 2008

Miscellany


Today I am trying to organize my desk and my computer files a bit, in the sincere hope that it will help me organize my mind a little...

Marriage and family has been on our minds a good deal lately, due to our recent wedding. Here, Al Mohler discusses the purpose of marriage. Here are 10 helpful ideas for helping your children love missions, courtesy of Desiring God Ministries. Ian Murray offers a totally different perspective on contemporary birth control methods here at The Corner. And here's Al Mohler, again, with his thoughts on population control. ANd lastly, here are Tim Bayly's reflections on his own daughter's wedding day.

And how about a few thoughts on language? Here, discover the seven deadly words of book reviewing, courtesy of the NYTimes. Here, Abraham Piper offers his short-list of excellent contemporary poets. Victor Davis Hanson, here shares some of the rhetorical antics of Mr. Obama. And here is a little diatribe about one of the word usages that annoys me the most.

And finally, how about a few thoughts here concerning living in peace...

No comments: