Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Some thoughts on marriage


My ddil, Nikki, called for a lovely long talk today-- the first since her marrying my son, Tim! That, combined with my other ddil, Elsa, sending a link to a great article made me decide to send you all some thoughts on marriage, "that dream within a dream..."

Elsa's excellent article can be found here, and is very fun!

Children are an important part of marriage. Here is a good post on discipling your children, and here is a great post on why children lie (and they all do sometime...)

Tim Challies has a thoughtful post on how children who are brought up in Christian homes can often neglect the Savior, and live on "borrowed grace."

OK, so maybe most of what I had saved up was more about children than marriage. But as a woman with two sons now married, can I help but start thinking about children again?

2 comments:

Cindy Marsch said...

Very fun little essay from Esolen. Abby is hoping his promised bit on GCC includes the scene of her friend Andrew in medieval (dagorhir) garb asking a question on Dante after Esolen's talk...

Quotidian Life said...

I too enjoyed the Esolen essay. I think I'll forward it to my daughter : )