Monday, September 29, 2008

The tongue


Today I listened to a talk by Paul Tripp from the recent Desiring God Conference. (You can access all the talks here.) Why did I ever pull that up today, of all days, when I have snipped at people, thought horribly of others, and spoken harshly to my husband? Dr. Tripp's talk on War of Words: Getting to the Heart for God's Sake is very convicting. He talks about our selfishness in such realistic ways, that it has cut me to the heart. It has deflated by own sense of self-righteousness, and caused me to repent. Not fun, but so necessary. Take a listen-- it will be worth it!

1 comment:

Quotidian Life said...

I'm just about to download all these talks into my itunes library. I appreciate the recommendation. It made me chuckle to think of a comment my husband made yesterday. We were talking about some medication I am taking for an anmeboea and he asked me, "Do you think it is making you more irritable?" I laughed and replied and "I guess I should ask you if you think it is making me more irritable." We both knew the answer :), but no excuses!